- Nostalgia and diversity: Understanding integration at the local level
- Merger of Europe’s human rights and equality bodies is on the agenda: good news or bad for migrants’ rights?
- Stuck in traffic: How helpful is the trafficking framework?
- Taking popularity seriously
- The Oxford Migration Studies Society: Conference News
Monthly Archives: April 2012
By: Scott Blinder, Senior Researcher, Migration Observatory Two weeks ago (April 11-14) I was in Chicago for the annual meetings of the Midwest Political Science Association. Despite the regional moniker, this organisation with national and even international reach puts on … Continue reading
By: Mikal Mast, Administrative Assistant I’m Dutch-American: second generation on my Mother’s side, third generation on my Father’s. Like one quarter of all Americans, my ancestors came to America through Ellis Island – my maternal grandfather arriving last, in 1907. … Continue reading
By Emma Newcombe, Communications Manager I was standing on a registration desk at a recent COMPAS event, taking names and directing people. I said to a person registering ‘help yourself to some free COMPAS materials’, she responded by getting quite excited … Continue reading