- Nostalgia and diversity: Understanding integration at the local level
- Merger of Europe’s human rights and equality bodies is on the agenda: good news or bad for migrants’ rights?
- Stuck in traffic: How helpful is the trafficking framework?
- Taking popularity seriously
- The Oxford Migration Studies Society: Conference News
Monthly Archives: July 2012
By: Scott Blinder, Senior Researcher, Migration Observatory Just over a month ago, Labour leader Ed Miliband gave a much-trailed “major” public address on the topic of immigration. After Labour had largely remained quiet about the issue in the first two … Continue reading
By Ben Gidley, Senior Researcher at COMPAS Although COMPAS is probably best known for its migration research, the P in its name stands for Policy, and it is part of our mission to inform policy-making and public debate. As David … Continue reading
By Emma Newcombe, COMPAS Communications Manager and Ali Rogers, COMPAS Research Associate Migrations: Journeys into British Art is an exhibition currently showing at Tate Britain. Its intention is to explore how migration has shaped the course of British art over … Continue reading
By: Bridget Anderson, Deputy Director and Senior Research Fellow I detect a note of frustration in Xiang Biao’s introduction to last week’s blog. Readers are refusing to be provoked so he tries again to be provocative and so far at least … Continue reading